Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Sunday Morning..

I particularly remember that morning in my first year when I was feeling very homesick..I walked to the ocean on that bright Sunday morning and sat overlooking the ocean for perhaps five hours...I sat there missing home (or not), feeling nostalgiac of the past (or not), tired of being in U.S. already(or not)...and I saw the beautiful nature wanting to tell me something...and so I framed this poem in my mind..Its quite amateurish but nonetheless I liked the ending. Originally written in 2005 when I was a freshman in college....

Sunday Morning

The ocean extends as far as the eyes could net
The sky accompanying it singing the blues
Together they walk across the horizon hand in hand
In their embrace, sure eternity surrounds
As I kneeled down on the shore below a tree
The earth carpeted with grass, ornamented with flowers
A tree bowed down on me to tell me a story
A story of love without lost

As I along with the trees, the flowers, the grasses gazed
At the harmony with which the sky and ocean dazed (us)
On that Sunday morning, even the breeze seem to have come
To feel the love, the passion, of the sky and the ocean

All the others seem to cry that morning
With their tiny droplets tipping (dews)
I asked myself, are they the tears of rejoice
For the love they are witnessing
Or are they the tears of self pity
For the loneliness amplified on that Sunday morning.

1 comment:

SN said...

Hey, where have you disappeared? No new post in a long time!